Friday, January 29, 2016

Adventures on the (Part time) Mission Field {6}

          The following story is one of my absolute favorites from all of my trips to Mexico and happened quite recently...

          It was the fourth day of our trip and we had just finished dedicating the house we had built. The family was inside admiring it and crying, and it was a truly sweet time. Myself and three or four of the other girls on the trip were standing with the daughter of the family, who was just a little younger than us. I turned my head and noticed the teenage son, sitting on his parents' bed alone and looking at the box the Bible we had given them was in. We all prodded Josh, a teenage boy on the trip who was a little older than the son, telling him to go sit with him. He argued that he did not speak Spanish, but we made him do it anyways. After making Josh dig a bathroom the day before, I was not afraid of making him sit on a bed with a fellow teenage boy. After a few minutes, I walked over to translate, and Josh and I started asking questions. "Do you go to church?" "Sometimes," he said. Josh asked me if I could tell the boy to start in Galatians when he started reading the Bible, so I did and that boy opened up to Galatians and started reading, right then and there. I then had to go down the street to translate for someone else, but when I returned I found the leader of our trip telling the Gospel story from a tract, and it was the most beautiful sight my eyes could have seen in that moment. I do not know if anyone accepted Christ that day, but we planted seeds and now we trust God to make them grow.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment